Meet Melinda Seller
SUNFLAIR® Solar Ovens is the brainchild of Melinda Seller, a former freelance designer in the toy industry. She was once highly sought after, then her job was outsourced and her husband lost his job too. Not long after, their oven failed and they couldn’t afford to repair or replace it.
This was when Melinda discovered that she could cook with the sun. She found that the food tasted fantastic! She was saving on the cost of a new oven AND her utility bills were lower!
Solar cooking isn’t a new idea, but it was new to Melinda, and she started thinking that it might be new to others as well. We all want to eat healthier, help the planet, and save money. So, SUNFLAIR® Solar Ovens was born.
Supported by her husband, Bill, and her kids, Dawson and Anza, Melinda drew upon her business and design expertise to bring an affordable solar cooking experience to everyone under the sun!
WHY USE A SUNFLAIR® SOLAR OVEN?
- SAVES MONEY • No wood, propane, charcoal, gas or electricity • Doesn’t heat up the home, requiring additional energy to cool it back down.
- SAFER • No thermal conductivity. Outside remains at ambient temperature • No sparks, open flames, gas lines, or propane bottles
- HEALTHIER • No charcoal carcinogens • Nutrients cooked into food instead of being boiled or steamed away
- EASIER • Can leave food unattended • Food will never burn
- PORTABLE • Weighs about 3 lbs (914 g.) • Folds down to the size of a seat cushion • Take it camping, hunting, fishing, boating, picnics, tailgating, etc.
- CAN GO PLACES BARBEQUES CAN’T • Can be used in areas where open flames are banned • National parks & forests, beaches, high fire danger or drought areas
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY • No fossil fuels • No deforestation Non polluting
- EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS • Cook during a power outage • Pasteurize water • Essential part of any bug-out bag